Friday, May 27, 2011

Catching Up with Alexis Bellino!

Alexis Bellino isn't just a star from Bravo TV's hit series, The Real Housewives of Orange County. Alexis is one of the most down-to-earth and humble people we have ever met. And well, just simply FABulous. {And did we mention super sweet too?} We were so excited to catch-up with all things Alexis and most of all to share it with all of our Alexis fans out there! Read on to see whats new, her thoughts on the drama-filled season and - the do we dare ask {oh yes, we do!} question!

{Alexis Casual, The Black Maxi Dress}
{Buy it NOW!}
{1} Since we spoke last season, what is new?



Wow, so much is new!! Where to begin? I just celebrated my 6th wedding anniversary April 16! My husband is the light of my life, and my best friend! My son's 5th birthday was May 4th, so I am so thankful every day he came into my life 5 years ago! He has grown into such a wise, amazing young boy! I hate to say he is a boy now, and not a baby. I still call my girls "babies" though since they are only 31/2. {laughs} I honestly think my husband is going to go crazy because I am ready for another baby now that the kids are older!  

Business wise, I have launched my maxi line, which is an entirely new endeavor aside from Alexis Couture and Alexis Casual that I decided to take on! The first "Braid" maxi has done extremely well! We are offering it in summer colors in the next two weeks, and we are offering it up to size 16! 

We also just launched Alexis Couture on Sunday, May 8th, with many dresses available! I also have my hat line with the "Bling" trucker hat as the first hat, and the "Conviction" trucker hat comes out next week. And hold tight, because I have a few other secret items in the works! So it's an exciting time right now!  You can go to www.everythingalexis.com to order any of my hats or dresses now! 

{2} This season has been drama-filled! Would you say more so then last season? 

I definitely have to say this season is more drama-filled than last season. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I am more vocal and more comfortable with the cameras, and also the fact that some of the people I thought were friends have shown their true colors. 



{3} Do we dare ask, what is your relationship like now with the other housewives

{laughs} Yes, you can ask! Gretchen is one of my closest friends. We are a lot alike, we don't expect too much from each other, and we only want loyalty and respect in return. With Tamra I am saddened by the fact that I found out in episode 3 that she really wasn't my friend, and I thought she was up until that point. Vicki and I tried to make amends this year, and we are still working towards that. We have had a couple hiccups along the way, but I'm hopeful that things will work out. Peggy was my friend of 4 years, and unfortunately I never wanted her on the show because I was afraid that it would wreck our friendship, and it did just that. She is not the same person I knew a year ago. So there you have it in a nutshell! 

{4.} Since starting the show, would you say your life has changed? If so, in what ways?  

I think it's impossible for reality TV NOT to change someones life. I feel this show has mostly been a positive thing in my life. Just as with any career, it has it's ups and downs, however, it has made my family stronger, my husband and I are closer and have learned a lot about each other and ourselves. I love the ability to express my faith and show that Christians are not perfect, and entertain people along the way. I am also very thankful for the opportunities it has brought my way. And best of all, I have a two-year documentary with my kids! 



{5.} How is the Alexis Couture fashion line going? What tips do you have for other MOMpreneurs managing it all

Alexis Couture is going so well! We launched May 8, and you can purchase any of the styles on www.everythingalexis.com. It has been rough, don't get me wrong! I probably have some gray hairs underneath this blonde after this baby launched, but it has been such a growing experience for me, and so much fun along the way!  My biggest advice to any MOMpreneur (I love this term by the way ever since I saw it on Twitter!)  is that YOU CAN DO IT! I know it seems there are never enough hours in a day, and look I'm doing this interview at midnight!  I do my best work between 10pm and 2am since I began working! But it's important to believe in yourself and your passion the entire step of the way. My second tip to MOMpreneurs is to learn to say no to certain things. I have to admit that my social life is about 1/10th of what it use to be. I have a very small window of free time after my kids, my husband and my career, so I have to select very carefully what (and who) I fill that time with. And my kids are the FIRST thing to fill my time. 

{6.} You always are so perfectly together when it comes to your wardrobe! As a Mom of 3, how do you time for yourself? 

Thank you for that compliment. Geez, I don't feel that way! Honestly, that has been such a struggle for me. I use to be able to work out 4-5 days a week, (and working out is my stress reliever) now I'm lucky if I get to work out two days. I just feel like I will eventually get that "me" time back again, but right now it's "game time" as I like to call it. Everyone's life has seasons, and I am in a family season, combined with a work season, so "me" time has to take a back burner for the time being.

{7.} What is your go-to outfit? How would you describe your style? 

My go-to outfit depends...is this a stay home day, an errand day or a press day? {laughs} For stay home it's sweats all the way baby (and no makeup) ! For errand day it's a long maxi dress. For a press day, it's a cute dress with YSL or Louboutin stilettos! (I love dresses---as we all know!)



{8.} Besides The Real Housewives of Orange County - what other reality TV do you watch?  

I LOVE Dancing With the Stars! And I want to be on it---competing against my husband!! {laughs} He is an amazing salsa dancer, but I think with a ton of training I have the desire and ambition to kick his butt! Oh, and The Bachelor/Bachelorette...I'm a hopeless romantic! Oh, and any other HW show...although I am naming all of these shows and I can't remember the last time I had a free hour to watch any of them! HA!

{9.} What is up next for you? Any new or upcoming projects? 

I have a few new projects in the works, and my husband just bought a new exciting business that I will be very involved with, but you have to stay tuned, and keep checking my facebook Alexis Bellino Verified Profile and twitter @alexisbellino or my website www.everythingalexis.com for updates! 

{Make sure you all stay tuned to the Season 6 Finale of The Real Housewives of Orange County this Sunday on Bravo!}

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails