Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Featured Blogger: Chloe


Why do we LOVE her? Let's us count the ways......


1.) She has a fabulous blog.
2.) Her style is beyond MAJOR. 
3.) The OOTD numbers she shares, inspire. 


And the list goes on and on and on....so wait, read all about Chloe below & just why we are well.....obsessed with her. 




1.) Tell us about yourself -- the face behind the name.


My name is Chloe, I'm 29 years old, happily married, and living in the (un)fashion mecca of the entire world - Colorado.   We're also the only state to have ever turned down the Olympics (back in 1972) AND we all love to be high here- we have the world's highest mean altitude, of course. ;)



2.) When did you first realize you wanted to blog?


I started my blog first as a place to just get my thoughts out.  I've always been a writer, and at the time I was going through a stressful period in my life. I had been ill for about a year and a half, was diagnosed with Lupus, Sjogren's Syndrome, and Fibromyalgia, and since those diseases tend to at times make me so sick I can't get out of the house, I was craving a way to still be able to interact and share with others.  My blog initially started and had almost nothing to do with fashion- that came later!



favorite outfit to date! 

3.) What is your favorite outfit to date?


Oooh.  I would have to say this one; it was surprisingly simple to put together, I had nearly everything in my closet already, and the colors make me feel all blissful and happy. 



4.) What is essential for the upcoming Holiday season that all fashionistas
need in their closet?


Too many to list! I'm going to pick camel, though- I've been on a pretty big neutrals kick lately, and camel-colored coats, jackets, and sweaters are a great way to give a bit of warmth to a color palette that tends to run the risk of washing most people out.  It's just so darn pretty!



5.) When getting dressed, do you have an inspiration? Style icon you love?


I love Olivia Palermo's style- she is surprisingly edgy at times, while still remaining very feminine and chic. I also love that she mixes high + low, and you will often see her rewearing things.  I also love Rachel Bilson since she's about the same height as me- she proves that short girls can still rock it, too.



6.) How would you describe your personal style?


I would say feminine and classic; I love designers like Jason Wu, Nanette Lepore, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Milly.  But while I always seem to go for girlie things (ruffles, bows, and floral prints),  I do like to add a bit of edge to an outfit with either funky shoes a la Alexander Wang, Miu Miu, or Valentino.  Shoes for me are the easiest way to take an outfit from 'okay' to fantastic; never underestimate the power of a fabulous pair of shoes.



7.) Besides shopping & fashion, what else do you enjoy?


Photography, traveling with my husband, music of almost any genre and going to concerts, drinking mimosas for breakfast with friends, health & fitness (I'm a gym rat!), laughing, playing the harp, playing the piano, and pretending to be a cook while making confit de tyson frozen chicken nuggets with an aoili of hidden valley ranch dressing. 


15 things we don't know about Chloe 


1. I'm a twin
2. I've played harp at Carnegie Hall
3. I placed second in the state of South Dakota for the National Spanish Exam when I was in the eighth grade
4. I'm terrified that one of these days I'm going to accidentally punch someone that is cracking their knuckles in the face (can't stand it!)
5. I love anything cinnamon flavored and will always choose cinnamon over chocolate
6. I'm not afraid to order a grilled cheese-a-roo at  Outback Steakhouse, even if we're meeting family, friends, or business contacts.
7. I hated my name when I was little and once convinced all the kids at the public pool near my house that my name was Aja (and I was the backup vocals/guitar player for Jem, natch, which strangely no one bought)
8. I am a hair product/make-up product/skin product junkie and will buy almost anything new just to try it!
9. I am an insane workaholic; if  I could work 26 hours a day, I would.
10. I wore green contacts in highschool because I hated my brown eyes (sad, huh? love my brown eyes now!)
11. If I could hoard 100 puppies and somehow hide them in the house from my husband, I would.
12. If I could kidnap Nanette Lepore and Valentino and somehow hide both of them in the house from husband (and the media, and Giancarlo Giammetti, and um....the police), I would.
13. I love indie music as much as I love hip-hop.
14. I love playing LEGOs with my niece and nephew!
15. I make a mean strawberry daiquiri, mmhm.


See, we told you that you would just love her. Check out her sites below & follow her on Twitter because she rocks! 









13 comments:

  1. I love Chloe. She has such a wonderful fashion blog & cute dogs, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love Chloe! Reading her blog made me pull all of my belts out of the closet because girl can ROCK a belt! And flats! I used to never think flats could be cute until I saw them with some of her outfits. Always inspired after reading her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ME SOME CHLOE! Love this post and all of the great questions and answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have followed Chloe for a couple of years and I have to say that her outfits are AMAZING and seem effortless...that is...for her! Not sure I could pull off some of her OOTD's! She def. could have a career as a stylist! Chloe's love for Lepore & Valentino proves she knows what she is talking about!! Adore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been following chole since i before i started blogging. love her. love her outfits. i went on an ebay hunt just to find her brown boots and i was lucky and got a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i <3 chloe!!!
    i read her blog daily. her style and wit make each post that much better!!!

    jillian xoxo
    http://just-jillian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, I adore Chloe! I've been following her blog for about 2 years now and she's always been so inspirational as a writer, fashionista, and person. I love her sense of humor! This interview was a lot of fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much guys! *blushes* *falls over*

    ReplyDelete
  11. chloe camel coat

    Chloe Camel Coat - Shop the latest collection of chloe camel coat from the PeachySavage.com, we offer the best chloe camel coat online for women's.

    to get more - https://peachysavage.com/collections/jackets-coats/products/chloe-camel-coat/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails