Monday, September 6, 2010

Caroline Manzo -- Genuine, Humble, & Anything but Drama!

We were so lucky to talk to Caroline Manzo today! Yes, can you believe it? We are both working on Labor Day.


Caroline was able to take time out of a family BBQ to chat with us before the big finale tonight of The Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion. For those who need to be filled in - Caroline Manzo is the strong-willed fiery red head on Bravo TV's The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Laid back and very humble - Caroline thanks all her fans and supporters for the success of the show and says "You can't bite the hand that feeds you." -- and we couldn't agree more!


Are you excited for part two of the reunion show to air tonight?"




Caroline: We have not seen it. I can tell you the nuts and bolts of what happened, but we have not seen the DVD.




Do you usually see the show before it airs?


Caroline: Yes, it is delivered by courier and we see it before it airs, but we didn't this time. I don't know if it is because of the Labor day Holiday or if there is an ulterior motive.


What can you tell us about part two that airs tonight?




Caroline: The entire process was very intense, we taped for over 10 hours. Teresa's outburst, Jacqueline's out burst, which I think you will see tonight. I just thought "Oh My God. When is this madness going to end?"




Is someone in fact leaving the cast, as there are so many rumors about a "replacement"?


Caroline: I don't know that, but I would think that if someone is leaving the cast, they would already know. It's a roller coaster ride. What differentiate's us from the other shows is that this darkness, this negative impact, was not just television, this was our reality.




We know from talking to other cast members of The Real Housewives that what you see is what you get. I am guessing that is the same for you. 

Caroline: What you see is what you get. Blaming editing, that's a cop-out, the camera does not lie. Editing is maybe 10% because of time restrictions, otherwise we would be on 24/7. The time frame has to be edited. Your mannerisms, your voice, what you say is there.



What is your favorite moment from the season?

Caroline. Sheesh, I dunno. It was so long ago... favorite moment.... favorite moment..."When we are cooking and joking around in the kitchen, being relaxed. no he said, she said."




I was going to ask you about that, we always see you cooking and in the kitchen. Have you thought of doing a cook book? I cook from Teresa's cookbook all the time. I would and I know your fans would love a cookbook from you.

Caroline: Without a doubt, cooking is such a huge part of our lives. Just today I was by Jacqueline's house, Chris did all the shopping and I did all the marinating with Albie and I cooked it. So many offers are coming in, we are trying to navigate through these waters. We'll see.


The weekly blog is great that you can and WANT to interact with your fans.


Caroline: They take the time to write us. Without them, we would be nothing, to not interact would be biting the hand that feeds you.



Do you have any makeup tips? As we saw during the reunion show, your makeup looks fantastic!




Caroline: Ah, for makeup tips you would need an interview with my daughter, Lauren. She did my makeup and Jacqueline's for the reunion show. Any questions for makeup tips, send them to my daughter!




Did she really? She did an amazing job!

Caroline: I saw this in her, like you saw last season. I told her "I see this fashion and makeup talent in you, but you have to have the proper training." I think you'll see, in season 3, the "Evolution of Lauren."




Will you be attending NYFW? 


Caroline: It's funny, for years, I would go to all the BIG shows. It became a job, if you go, you want to enjoy them. Not that the hoopla was focused around me, not that it would, but the industry, everything... I just want to go and enjoy it. I am going to Suzuka Patel -- just beautiful things and Beach Bunny and Chris Benz.








Are you attending FNO?


Caroline: I will be a Bloomingdales, singing karaoke with Kay Unger!




I'm sure you are very busy for NYFW, I know we are.


Caroline: There is just so much going on, I don't know which is way is up or down!




Oh ya, that is how we feel! Last year was so, crazy trying to get cabs. This year we plan to have a driver.


Caroline: That's what I told Albert. "This year just get me a driver!"
1. I am very time conscious and very prompt. 
2. I am easy-going and laid-back.
3. I don't like wearing a lot of make-up.
4. I am always in flats.
5. My first job was working for my Dad's plastic factory where I would lift 50lb bags. I worked the 4-12 shift.
6. Favorite designer is Carolina Herrea
7. Middle name is Claire. 
8. Politic junky -- love the news channels.
9. Favorite food? Stuffed mushrooms. 
10. I love to read. I read when I want to relax.


While Caroline couldn't confirm if all the speculation of Danielle leaving is true we are definely leaning towards a sign-off. We all will be tunning in tonight just to see what happens! Make sure you tune into Bravo tonight -- check your local listings! 

In the mean time follow Caroline on Twitter and check out her blog where she answers a question every Monday night that a fan sends in -- real questions with real answers! Check out her website too! And thanks again to Caroline! We were big fans before but now we are even BIGGER -- if that is possible and looking forward to Season 3!


3 comments:

  1. ahhh i love caroline! she is a truly amazing woman, she is for sure my idle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Caroline. I would totally love to have her in my family. Oh I wanna be Italian sooo bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline is my fav. h/w. Love her family values, she's real, no phony, down to earth, gives fab. advice, smart, funny and has her shit together. She's the bestttttt. xoxoxo @amoreny I follow her on twitter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails