Thursday, August 12, 2010

Couture Item of the Week for Not a Couture Price!

By Angela Parks, Contributing Writer

First, let me express how delighted I am to be part of the cupcakeMAG team! Part of my commitment is to provide readers with fabulous couture finds,  at a less demanding cost!  

As a Military Spouse, I have the great pleasure of attending countless balls with my husband.  You have NO IDEA the passion I have for evening gowns! While watching the 2008 Academy Awards, I was inspired by Katherine Heigel's dress. The moment I laid eyes on the vermilion colored Escada gown, I knew it would be my choice for our next formal event. The curve hugging gown was a fabulous throw-back to old Hollywood glamor. 

Naturally, obtaining the Escada gown was not even a remote possibility. I scoured numerous dress sites searching for a comparable gown, but came up emtpy handed. I did happen upon many horrible "looks for less", which paled in comparison.


Photo Credit: Getty Images
Katherine Heigel Escada Gown at the 2008 Academy Awards
After countless days of searching for my coveted gown, I had almost given up hope. Finally, I found a website that would guarantee a quality dress made to my measurements and specifications. I was hesitant to invest a great deal of money to a business out of Hong Kong. However,  when I was quoted the price of $ 100.00 (yes, you read that correctlyONE hundred), I figured it was worth a shot.  In less than two weeks my dress arrived. I was terribly skeptical.  I opened the box (and much to my surprise) it was stunning! Nearly a mirror replica of Katherine's Academy Awards gown. I tried it on and the dress fit to perfection. I could not have been more pleased with the results (I think I might of even cried!). Especially at the bargain price of (did I mention) $100.  


 
Photo of moi wearing my bargain "couture" gown at Hubby's Navy Ball
Since my fabulous find, I have had many friends commission dresses for themselves. After all -  why buy "off the rack", when you can feel like the Belle of the Ball in a dress tailored just for you!

If you are feeling sassy and would like to commission a dress for yourself, you can do so at the following website: www.eDressit.com  

Side note: Be sure to provide accurate measurements, as eDressit does not allow refunds on commissioned dresses. When in doubt, add a couple of inches to your bust, waist, and hips - then have the dress altered by your local seamstress to guarantee a perfect fit!

4 comments:

  1. that is the most amazing "dress for less" i have ever seen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that? You look amazing... I would love a dress tailored made to fit me. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look incredible! Thanks so much for sharing this with us! I am totally getting my next formal dress made by them as I have some weddings coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA! What a crazy good find Angela!!! That dress is amazing, and you look HOT in it. I am going to have to remember that for the future, oh wait, i don't EVER get those opportunities - so keep sharing your gorgeous dresses with us!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails