Monday, August 16, 2010

the real gretchen rossi

By Shasta Moczulski, Contributing Writer 


We were all captivated  when Gretchen Rossi became a cast member of Bravo's  The Real Housewives of Orange County in season 4.  Her positive attitude, sense of humor and brilliant smile quickly won the hearts of so many  Gretchen,  has created  an incredible life outside of reality TV.  A quote from Gretchen's  blog, sums up who this amazing woman is, "I believe in encouraging and lifting people up."   Two of her current and might I add, very successful projects include,  Gretchen Christine Beaute  and  her new new handbag line for shopnbc.com that launched July 30, 2010.   

We here at cupcakeMAG were thrilled that Gretchen took  the time to talk to us about her latest projects, her favorite beauty products and share so much more.  Her openness and gracious heart won us over! 

Your line debuts on July 30, 2010 on www.shopnbc.com.  What is your favorite item that will be presented that day?

The debut of the Gretchen Christine Collection on July 30th was a huge success! We sold out of many of the handbags right away! It really is so hard to pick a favorite because I use all of them and they all have such unique and different looks, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be the “Newport Satchel” in Coral!  
When you were creating the "Gretchen Christine Collection", what did you draw upon for inspiration?  Does your Southern California lifestyle influence the design process? 

Yes my Southern California lifestyle definitely influenced the design process! I love being a California gal and all the beauty and glamour that goes along with that.  My inspiration was two- fold, my own personal style combined with my travels and influence around the world. My passion for design and fashion have always been a part of my life but it was even more ignited when my fans wanted to know more about my personal style and the handbags in particular I was carrying on the show!  Once I told them that most of the bags were designer bags that cost thousands of dollars they would get disappointed and say “I could never afford one of those bags”.   It made me realize that every woman deserves to look like a million bucks without having to spend it. I knew that I could bring high fashion and quality to my handbags without it leaving your bank account empty.

I believe every woman wants to have access to high fashion and good quality handbags, clothes and accessories, but not all of us can afford the designer names especially in today’s economy, thus the creation of the “Gretchen Christine Collection”.

You seem to be a positive, happy person.  How do you stay so upbeat? 
 

Thank you for that compliment! I would have to say is my upbringing (my family) and my faith that keeps me going strong no matter what life throws at me. I struggle with things just as much as the next person but to soak in sadness does nothing but make me feel worse, so I CHOOSE, and it is a choice, to be happy and upbeat much more often than not.


Life is way too short and I have learned that lesson many times over. I have one life to live here and I am going to live it to its fullest!  Even when I am in my darkest hour I believe God will never give me more than I can handle and he will always be faithful. He hasn’t let me down yet and that makes me HAPPY!

Your makeup line, that was actually featured on Real Housewives of Orange County, "Gretchen Christine Beaute", seems to be really taking off!  What is your favorite product in your line that you can't live without? 


I absolutely cannot choose a favorite in the line! I use all of it every single day to do my make-up!  I made it with the “everyday” woman in mind. I wanted a woman to look and feel her best everyday! So everything from the foundations to the powders, blushes and bronzers, to the eye shadows and eye products to the lip liners, lip glosses, and Pout Poppers,  to the eye and lip primer I have not missed a thing that a woman would want in her make-up bag, and at very affordable prices to boot! What girl could want anything more! High quality make-up that makes you look and feel like a million bucks without the high price tag!

Music is also one of your many talents, do you plan to release an entire album now that your song "Nothing Without You" had such success? 
 

Wow thank you again for such a nice compliment! I love, love, love music it has always been a part of my soul. My family is very musically inclined and I have been fortunate to be surrounded by that my whole life. I have been writing since a little girl and that was the most nerve racking yet exhilarating thing in my life to be able to take my very private lyrics and get behind a mic and sing them. I am so blessed to be able to have a support system around me that encourages me to express myself through these different avenues. I do plan to release another song here hopefully soon, but a much different type of song, one that you would hear in the clubs! I hope everyone loves it as much as I do!

Have you started filming the new Season of RHOC?  If so, are there are any hints that you can give viewers about what to expect in the upcoming season?  
 

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to confirm season six yet, but I can tell everyone that I personally have a lot going on in my life and I am excited about the possibility to share all those things with our viewers and my wonderful and loyal fans if we return!




What items can always be found in your makeup bag? 
 

Well obviously my Gretchen Christine Beaute” products, but I love to have a little brozner, mascara, and lip gloss on hand at all times!





What is the most valuable lesson that you have learned about yourself while being on hugely popular reality show?  

Wow, I have learned so many things! First, not to take myself too seriously or the show for that matter, and second not to be affected by what people say about you. When you sign up for a show like this people want to tear you apart in the press and blogs. I have learned to stay away from reading those sites and stay focused on my goal with this show…which is building a lasting brand that stands for something that I can be proud of.  “Gretchen Christine” stands for empowering people. GCC and GCB ‘s foundation was built from the philosophy “How to look and feel like a million bucks without having to spend it” My goal is to empower people to live with their best foot forward, whether it be through fashion, beauty or internally. 



Whether or not there is a Season 6 of The Real Housewives of Orange County, we are confident that Gretchen will continue to pursue her dreams and do so with a grateful heart. Stay-up-to date with Gretchen at her website  , on Twitter , Facebook  and of course, get your shop on at shopnbc

5 comments:

  1. I'm on the fence with the bags, have been since day one, because I don't like the big gold emblem. I wear a lot of silver and don't like to clash!

    However, the pink leather bag is one of the most gorgeous colors I have seen in awhile. It is very tempting......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shasta, you nailed that interview!!
    Congraulations! Great job....

    ReplyDelete
  3. great interview!! :) you did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower of Cupcake Mag & lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails