Tuesday, August 24, 2010

our first MAN of STYLE - Dean McDermott

Dean clues us in on his hair, style & who the boss in the house really is.....
read on to find out! 

Dean McDermott doesn't need much of an introduction. We all know & love him on Oxygen's Tori & Dean as super-man to his wife, the lovely Tori Spelling and adorable kids. But he isn't just super-man, a great actor and not to mention hilarious -- he has great style too! Whether or not he knew it, he does and we were thrilled to have him be our first cupcakeMAG Man of Style. 

Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images North America



First, I have to ask (and then on to the style questions) how are you feeling since your accident? We were all so concerned. Are you still racing actively? 

I am on the mend from my accident. Still a little sore here and there, but feeling much better. I will not be racing or dirt biking anymore, but I will still be pleasure riding, and doing my charity rides. (LA Ride For Autism).

So, you have a great style! Should we thank Tori for that or do you choose your clothes or do you have a stylist? 

Firstly, thank you for thinking I have great style. I do owe my fashion sense to T, when we met she brought out the real me, and helped me expand on what I liked. She has such great fashion sense she could make anyone look good.

What does every guy need to have in their closet? 

A man has to have a really good black single breasted suit in his closet. You can do so much with it. Firstly, its a suit, duh, but pair the jacket with a dark pair of denims, a crisp white shirt (or pink or blue or lavender. Whatever you fancy) and you have an upscale casual look. Wear the pants with a nice shirt and tie for a conservative casual look. The black suit is very versatile. You also need a light colored pair of denims, a couple of V neck Tee's, and a pair of black beat up boots.

Photo by Bauer Griffin
We have to say -- your hair is amazing. What products do you use? 

Thank you for the hair comment. I'm really starting to like you guys. My favorite hair product is D'organiques Original Sprouts Children's Styling Balm. Its made for little kids. It's hypo allergenic and scent free. It has great hold. Well that, and I only wash my hair twice a week. I'm a fan of natural oils for styling as well. My hair gets really dry if I wash it too much. I know, T.M.I.

On Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood, we see you shop for Tori quite often - when it comes to shopping for yourself, do you have a favorite designer or store? 

When it comes to shopping for myself. I don't have one particular store I shop at. I tend to float around until one store catches my eye with their merch. For instance, this weekend I was looking for a denim shirt, then all of a sudden the Diesel store catches my eye, and the next thing you know, I'm buying a leather jacket. I did get my denim shirt at Lucky Brand, and a few other things. Some other stores I hit up are, Kitson, The Gap, Fredrick Man, Club Monaco, and Vintage shops. I like to shop, and strongly believe in retail therapy.

How would you describe your style? 

I have no idea how I would describe my style. Uhm, hit or miss . . . ?? Maybe a little rock and roll-ish, vintage, edgy conservative. Sound Good.???

Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images North America
What has been the most enjoyable part of doing reality tv? We are hoping for a 6th season --  we already miss you guys! 

The best part of doing a reality show is the fact I get to work with my wife and family. I don't have to spend hours away from them on set somewhere, I just wake up and go to work. I get to have my cake and eat it too.

And I just have to ask -- who is the true boss in the house? :) 

I may be the biggest with the loudest voice, but I am definitely NOT the boss. Its pretty equal. I choose my battles, but then again, we dont have many of them. Hows that for a NON answer.?? Geez.

What new projects do you have coming up next? 

One of our new projects is Tori and Dean: Stori book weddings for Oxygen. One lucky couple will get the opportunity to have us plan their wedding. I am also working on a personal website to share some of my recipes with my fans. I am getting back to cooking. I forgot how much I enjoy it and how creative it can be. 




1 - My middle name is Martin. My mom was a BIG Dean Martin fan. and it turns out, Dean Martin was Tori's god father.





2- I hate the sound of liquid being poured. I know, weird, right.??





3- I'm a HUGE stand up comedy fan. I wanted to be a stand up comic, but never had the balls for it.





4- My biggest dream was to play left defense for the Toronto Maple Leafs in the NHL.





5- I just won 24 dollars on a scratch and win ticket.





6- I wish I had a Scottish accent.





7- My son Jack and I are addicted to turkey subs from Subway. We eat them everyday when we're together.





8- I love nude sculptures and photography.





9- I'm a pretty good carpenter.





10- I'm obsessed with watches. I'm starting a collection. Slowly, its an expensive obsession.

See, we told you he was hilarious! As we all hope for a Season 6 of Tori & Dean, make sure you stay-up-to date with Dean on Twitter and Facebook.



4 comments:

  1. Dean is such a cool dude.
    talented giving super-nice.
    TORI is a lucky girl...and so are WE,
    thanx DEAN for being U.....LOU CASS 2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Tori & Dean! I have my husband watching it too! My girls watch too & when Tori is obsessing over the details, I ask my girls 'who does that remind you of?' You can guess their answer! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He seems soooo sweet! I enjoyed getting to know him better. He IS hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. does anyone know what brand his sunglasses are in the large photo above!?? The have a dull reflection on the lenses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails