Friday, December 10, 2010

Chatting with Taylor Armstrong from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Mom, wife, entrepreneur, philanthropist and reality star- Taylor Armstrong can do it all! The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star was kind enough to chat with us about everything from what's in her make up bag to her charity work. With a barely noticeable Midwestern accent, Taylor even filled us in on a few things you may not know about her! With fingers crossed for a second season, we'll definitely continue to tune in to Bravo every Thursday at 10:00pm EST.






We wondered- before you started filming, had you watched the other Real Housewives shows? Did you have any favorites?

I really liked New York. I think that because it's filmed in a large city, it's more similar to LA than the other cities. Theres so much in NY with charity events and society events and it reminded me of what LA is like.

How is filming going? Are you all hoping for a second season?

We’re always hoping for a second season. We were originally slotted for 8 episodes and we're now slotted for 13, so I think viewers are enjoying it and our fingers ore crossed.

You always look so flawless on camera. What’s in your make up bag?

Wow that's so nice of you to say. I like to use smashbox products a lot. On camera I use their HD products. Off camera I use their tinted moitsturizer, sheer focus.

We’d love to know more about your personal style- you always look so effortless and put together. What are your go-to outfits or favorite designers?

Oh my goodness there are so many. I am a huge fan of YSL shoes and handbags. I am in love with everything YSL right now.  I really like classic looks with a little bit of an edge. I'll throw on an edgy accessory for more of a rock and roll vibe.

Recently on the show, we saw you give Kennedy one of the coolest birthday parties we’ve ever seen. We wondered how Kennedy and Russell are doing now.

You know, I just got off the phone with Kennedy because I’m in New York right now and I just miss her like crazy. And it's funny because she's so much bigger now than when we saw her on the show with her birthday party that watching it pulled at my heart strings a little bit! She's growing up too quickly! And Russell is doing well, he’s home with her and it's nice they get to spend some time together while mommy works. They're going to see a Disney show tonight.

Do you still have the puppy?

You will have to stay tuned for that.

When you’re not filming Real Housewives, what else can we find you doing?

Well I work- I have a management consulting firm called eImplement (www.eimplement.com). I also do a great deal of work with domestic violence shelters. I’m a big supporter of the 1736 Family Crisis Center which has 5 shelters , and1 runaway homeless youth shelter. We’re in the process of building a new runaway shelter with sustainable materials. We hope it will be a model for grain initiatives within the shelter world. We’re hoping other shelters will follow suit.


 And lastly, we always have celebs tell us a few things readers may not know about them.

Hmm, this is tough! When your life is on a reality television show, there's not much left that people don't know! Let's see.

1.  I am a fan of country music, which may be surprising to some people.
2.  I am a big online shopper. I love to shop online.
3.  I was a competitive cheerleader.

Check out Taylor's website and follow her on Twitter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails