Monday, December 13, 2010

Haute Houserobes: We've Come a Long Way Since Mrs. Roper, Ladies! Featuring the Thai Etsy shop Siam2U.


By Lindsey Muth, Contributing Writer

Sometimes you wanna look good going out and sometimes you wanna look good staying in. As a work at home mom, I'm all about the staying in, but I don't know if I always look good doing it (Confession: I usually am more hot mess than hottie). I'm kinda married to my houseslippers and bathrobes. But let me tell you, there are some freaking fashionable housecoats out there these days. You don't have to spend a fortune, but you could (and it would be fun, like I drool for this $170 Natori robe from Neima Marcus). Snapping back to reality and a realistic robe budget... I recently came across the handmade shop Siam2U on Etsy and my jaw dropped. It's not all housecoats, mind you. I wouldn't mind adding any of Siam2U's funky, edgy, I'll just say it - downright HIP - street and house clothes to my closet, or any of these awesome housecoats to my own impressive collection. And you might even catch me in one at three in the afternoon on a Tuesday...
 
Two words: blue grapes! (Kimono Style Indonesia batik Robe)


Or this one. So chic batik! (that rhymes, haha) (Kimono Style Indonesia batik Robe)
 

 
This next one is my personal fave! Need a gift for the man in your life? Here you go, just for him, then you can steal it! (Cotton Patchwork Robe)
 
And last, but not least, I want these (Organic Cotton Thai Fisherman Pants). I'd so wear these out and about! Love!
Affordability Bonus! All of the items in this shop are under $10 to $50. Happy homebodying!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love these robes! I have a big fluffy robe that I adore but it is H.O.T. in the summer. These are perfect!
    Good job on your first contribution! Looking forward to more. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails